A major issue in CCTorrent was resolved: It is now possible to upload files and let them be converted by ffmpeg as background task. The way this is done will work well enough for small installations. A new thread is started for each audio file that has been uploaded successfully. The uploaded file is stored in a new directory (named "convert" below the MEDIA_ROOT directory. This means at the moment all uploaded files should be considered public if they are placed on a public server (unless you set the permissions right).
Because file upload and conversion is working now, CCTorrent can be considered ALPHA stage software :)
A few more features have been implemented:
- Before you upload a new track the new track form will display error messages if ffmpeg is not working (= can't be called via subprocess.call) or if the uploaded audio file directory (MEDIA_ROOT/cctorrent/convert) is not there and can't be created.
- The album page will show the download field and the audio field for a track only if the track has been converted. Otherwise it will show a message asking you to be patient (if the track is being converted) or that something went wrong (if the track hasn't been uploaded). In short: You can only play those files that are converted.
- No more entering CC licenses by yourself: Six CC license entries are there by default: BY, BY-SA, BY-NC, BY-NC-SA, BY-ND, BY-NC-ND (all in version 4.0). If you have a fresh installation of CCTorrent you just have to do "python manage.py loaddata cctorrent" after you created the database ("python manage.py loaddata syncdb").
- On the dashboard the "add new artist" button now has an icon that was taken from the Tango icon theme (Tango rules!)
Enjoy the CCTorrent Alpha! :)
CCTorrent is a Python/Django web application with the goal to share Creative Commons licensed music via BitTorrent. It is a decentralised software.
- automatic torrent generation
- built-in cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Litecoin,...) donation support
maybe federation support so that CCTorrent instances can connect to each other
The source code is released under the terms of the GNU AGPLv3 and available via git on GitLab: https://gitlab.com/cctorrent/cctorrent
git clone https://gitlab.com/cctorrent/cctorrent.git